Highly experienced, well connected, expert negotiator adept at sales and purchasing for multi-million dollar fine and rare wine companies. Extensive, vetted supplier list including Domestic as well as European producers, estates, brokers and wholesalers/importers. Accomplishments include profitable sales growth of 25%, resulting in annual revenues of more than $50 million. Exceptional analytical ability and talent for sourcing high revenue products with rapid sell-through. Certified Sommelier (CS) expertly trained at Theory Examination.
Park Street Wine Cellars, Inc., San Francisco Bay Area | March 2019 – Present
CEO, Owner & Operator
Park Street Wine Cellars is dedicated to the discovery and enjoyment of the world’s most unique wines, brought to the consumer at direct from the winery prices to be enjoyed in a relaxed, non-pretentious atmosphere. We strive to educate, never pontificate. And to articulate with passion our love of the great organic and bio-dynamic wines of the world while offering our customers a selection of primarily locally-sourced, artisanal West Coast Wines to complement our ever evolving selection of wines. With every fiber of our being we are pro-consumer, believing that the time for a shop and a company of this type is now.
B-21 Fine Wine Company, Fl (stationed remotely) | Dec 2013 – Jan 2018
Head Fine Wine Buyer, Sales Director, E-Commerce Manager
- Leveraged personal suppliers and contacts to increase availability of highly desirable Domestic, European and Australasia fine wines resulting in a more than 20% increase in sales during Q1 of my first year.
- Drove significant gross profit increases of 20% – resulting in margins of 40% – on California and other domestic wines through expert negotiations with suppliers and wineries.
- Precipitated a 65% increase in turnover, 30 days compared to 90, through inventory analysis and by restructuring product mix.
- Powered gross profit increases of 45% – resulting in margins of 45% – on imported wines utilizing a Direct Import formula, significantly reducing costs associated with traditional multi-tier purchasing.
- Developed a complex, well-rounded product offering with an engaging variety, leading to increased one-time purchases and significant levels of returning clients.
- Increased sales by 50% over a three-year period through implementation of specialized marketing programs catering to affluent clients and seasoned collectors.
- Utilized Certified Sommelier (CS) training to author engaging and informative point of sale material for multiple digital marketing platforms including email and website.
JJ Buckley Fine Wines, Bay Area, CA | June 2011 – Aug 2013
Senior Buyer | New Venture Lead for Texas
- Assembled diverse supplier list across North America, Europe and Australasia, expanding product list to nearly 6,000 items spanning thousands of wineries.
- Negotiated aggressive pricing across all categories, driving more than 40% improved visibility on internet search engines including wine-searcher and google.
- Co-managed a team of more than 15 seasoned sales people, boosting morale by increasing commissions by an average of 20%, leading to less turnover and a savings of $5-$10k per employee in training costs.
- Employed Certified Sommelier (CS) Theory Examination training, authoring marketing, web-site and point of sale mediums across multiple digital marketing platforms.
- Increased sell-through in Buying Department by more than 50%, with average inventory turn-overs improving to less than 30 days compared to two months.
- Pro-active, engaging, open-door style of management exponentially increased annual profitable sales volume by more than 25%, resulting in sales of nearly $50 million.
Christopher’s Wine Warehouse, Houston, Texas | 1997 – 2009
Owner, CEO (dba Cepage Noir Wine Company)
- Developed intuitive eCommere website leveraging consumer behavior and website analytics to promote products and promotions by segment.
- Integrated social networking component to expand market share and brand awareness. (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.com, Wine blog)
- Utilized Interspire software for shopping cart solution, expanding knowledge of customer behavior through customized application reporting.
- Launched boutique wine-only shop with $10+ million in annual sales revenue year one, expanding to multiple units by year 5, nearly doubling annual revenues. Developed business plan along with strategy to acquire funding.
- Led day-to-day store operations providing leadership team weekly status reports on revenue, issues and new initiatives.
- Spearheaded unique product offerings through key relationship with known industry experts across distributors, importers, brokers and account executives.
- Implemented eCommerce module to operations including weekly email offers and website shopping functionality increasing sales $2.5 million year 6. Reduced operational expenses by eliminating marketing footprint with electronic solution to proprietary customer list.
- Boosted sales growth 56% in 2006 and 20% in 2007 realizing $20+ million in annual sales revenue.
Bordeaux Directe Wine Brokers, Dallas, Texas | March 2009 to June 2011
Sales Manager and Senior Buyer, Imported Wine Division
- Directed sales management and purchasing functions for the distribution of Bordeaux wines. Lead functional teams in developing new products and product parameters (concept, price, and packaging), while developing marketing plans and forecasting volume and growth for international company with revenues of more than $15 million.
European Wine Group, Atlanta, Georgia | December 1993 – January 1997
National Sales Manager, Senior Buyer
- Established European-wine-development-programs for U.S, securing products for direct-import and managing procurement division of American-based wine-import Company with revenues of more than $8 million.
References available upon request.