Christopher’s Wine Country Connection
2008 Spotted Owl Cuvee Cabernet Blend, Mt Veeder
* The Wine Spectator dubbed the SOV (Spotted Owl Vineyards): “Sensational”
* Our last email on Spotted Owl SOLD OUT in 4 hours… Don’t miss this opportunity to secure this incredibly rare, mountain grown wine.
* Sourced from the rugged slopes of Mt. Veeder in Napa Valley, (800-1700 ft elevation).
* This explosive Cabernet Blend was crafted by Rolando Herrera, (Mi Sueño, Stags Leap, Vine Cliff, & Paul Hobbs)
*With the tiny production, this wine is nearly impossible to find….
* NOTE: At nearly 1/2 off retail, this extraordinary wine will sell out with lightning fast speed. I strongly recommend replying as soon as possible to secure a 15-pack or two. This wine will pay dividends in the cellar for years to come. It outperformed $75 Cabs at our last tasting….
2008 Spotted Owl CuveeMt. Veeder, Napa Valley
Retails at: $45.00/btl
Your Price: $26.99/btl + Ground Shipping Included on case purchases
“Seductive, sophisticated & complex – If this wine could dance it would Tango! This luscious, full bodied wine combines the intensity of mountain Cabernet Sauvignon with the richness of cool climate Syrah fruit grown on Mount Veeder. Deep dense purple color with alluring aromas of dark berry fruit, fleshy plum, black cherry fruit hosted with slight mocha overtones follow through to the palate in this complex and layered wine. The sensuous entry melts into a rich velvety core of dark fruit with a balanced and structured mid-palate displaying blackberry, ripe wild berry currants, cedar and a hint of vanilla..”
2008 Spotted Owl Vineyards
Mountain Cuvee, Mt. Veeder
It’s discoveries like this that make the job both exciting and rewarding. This rare, 2008 Cuvee from the renowned Mt. Veeder AVA in Napa Valley was expertly crafted by one of our favorite winemakers, Rolando Herrera. Rolando spent 10 years at Stags’ Leap Wine Cellars, working under legendary winemaker Warren Winiarski . He later took a position as the assistant winemaker at Ch. Potelle, and also as the winemaker at Vine Cliff Winery before becoming director of winemaking at Paul Hobbs Consulting.
Our tasting panel was struck by the beauty of this wine. It outperformed Napa Cabs at 2-3 times the price at our tasting… With the limited availability of this incredibly rare Cabernet Blend, orders will be taken on a first come first serve basis.
If your account is already established, simply reply to this post to order, or call me at my office number below to set up an account.
All the best in wine & life,
Wine Country Connection